Effective Date: September 30, 2020
We are highly committed to being your most trusted ally in your pursuit of health and well-being and a vision to make this world medical error free. Whether you’re here to learn more about a health condition, a medical issue, normal reference range of various body parameters, research a medication or product, get in touch with one of our communities or get tips for a healthier lifestyle, general wellness to lead life happily and healthily, you’re in the right place.
By visiting and interacting with our Services, you may share certain information with us, as detailed below. We may share some of the information you provide to us between our website and app to provide you with the most relevant authentic content as per our best effort and may use some of the information you share with us to serve you relevant advertising. (For further details on our advertising and sponsorship policy, click here).
1. The types of information collected by Doctoronhealth and its partners through the Services and the purposes for which we use it.
2. How Doctoronhealth collects, stores, and shares your information.
3. Your rights with respect to such information collection.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We receive information from or about you depending on the nature of your interaction with our Services.
Information you provide to us
You may provide us with information in several ways, including:
● Registering/signing up in the Services and using our Products. Your name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, zip/city, marital status, other location information (when using specific products that are not available in all geographies), and health information (diagnosis, when you were diagnosed, what medications you’re taking, or what type of care you’re looking for). We also may collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account or that you provide when using a product, such as scheduling a medical care. Accounts can be used for easy checkout, save your preferences, select areas of interest, and transaction history. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to provide account related functionalities to our users.
● Information you post on the Services. When available on the Services, we may collect Personal Information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your username, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and references to your online presence. We may use this information for our purposes and/or make this information available to others as you request.
● Information you provide about others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others; for example, to refer a friend for a newsletter. We may use this information to make our Services available to the people you refer.
● Feedback/support. If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we may collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, to reply. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to receive and act upon your feedback or issues.
● Mailing list. If you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address and/or postal address. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to share information about our products or services.
● Lead Forms and Order Placement. We collect information when you use our lead and order forms on our Services. This may include your name, email, phone number, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (e.g., credit card number). In addition, these forms may ask for information specific to your request, such as car make and model for auto insurance, military service for secondary education, or other information requested by one of our business clients. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we use your information to perform activities associated with a contract to provide you with products or services.
● Partner promotion. We collect information that you may choose to provide as part of a promotion with another company. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to fulfill our promotions.
● Sweepstakes or contests. When you choose to participate in a sweepstakes or contest, we collect information about you, which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. The purpose of collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to operate the contest or sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter our sweepstakes, and we have a business interest in complying with those laws.
● Apps: The Apps in our Services may request to send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. The Apps may also ask for your permission to access your camera and your photos. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you’ve initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the Apps from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
● Employment-related data (directly from you). When you choose to apply for employment with Doctoronhealth Company, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your resume or CV, Social Security Number, and other information you provide during the application and recruitment process. The purpose of collection is to help us match you to open positions, facilitate the recruiting process, and perform our contract of employment or the anticipation of employment with you.
Information we collect about you
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information, when:
● E-mail interconnectivity. If you receive email from us, we may use tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our communications to you and honoring your requests based on our communications, such as to unsubscribe.
● Mobile devices (such as phones, tablets, and other digital media streaming devices).We may collect information from your Mobile Device, such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting one of our Services. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their devices.
● Website interactions. We use technology to discover how you interact with our website (e.g., session replay). This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser. The purposes of collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a business need to secure our Services and detect and prevent fraud.
● Location data. When you use certain of our Services, we may solicit your permission to collect your location data. Some features within our Services (such as location-based offers, such as a nearby medical office or pharmacy) may only function upon confirmation of your location, and therefore such features will not be available if you choose not to provide your location data. The specificity of the location data may depend on several factors, including the device you are using and how you are connected to the Internet. If you enable location services for our Services, we may collect location data periodically as you use or leave open our Services. Depending on the platform you use to access our Applications (e.g., Apple’s iOS, Google’s Android) you may be able to control whether location data is collected from with the controls on your device.
● Cross-device tracking. We and our service providers may collect and store information about users’ interactions with unaffiliated websites and applications that use our technologies, including cookies and similar tracking technologies. This allows us to infer the presence of a common user or household behind multiple devices or browsers, for instance, and then link those browsers and devices into a device graph. The purposes for collection and use of this data are that we have a business need to understand our users’ use of our sites across devices in order to allow users to use our services on one device and pick up seamlessly where they left off on another device. We also have a business need to provide personalized advertising on each device that is inferred from the browsing patterns on all of the devices.
● Data analytics. We use certain web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services. We may collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on both an individual and aggregated basis. These analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, also use this information to place advertisements for our products on other websites that you visit after your use of the Site. These advertisements may be based on actions such as the pages you visited and actions you take during your use of the Site. For further information about how Google may use data it collects through the Site you may click here. You also may choose to install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to opt out of Google Analytics data collection.
Information we receive from other sources
● Client information. We may collect contact information such as name, e-mail, address and/or phone number of our business clients and their employees with whom we may interact. The purposes for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to make our website operate efficiently and to provide our business clients with ability to save preferences such as login and preferred language.
● Financial information. We may collect information from credit reporting services when you use certain of our Services. We use the information as needed in the course of providing services you request, ongoing customer relationships, to service an account, and as permitted by state and federal law.
● Demographic information. Personal Information such as your age, gender, family size, and/or educational level. The purpose for collection and use of this data is that we have a business need to customize content, advertising and learn about our audiences.
● Activity and usage information. Including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising.
● Publicly observed data. Such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising.
● Social media platforms and other third-party services. Some of our Services may include features that are designed to interact with social media platforms and other third-party services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and loyalty programs). If you access the Services using one of these social media platforms or provide us access to third-party services, we may receive information about you from those third parties such as account and profile data and we may combine this data with information we already have about you. For more information on the use of social platforms, please refer to the Social Features section below.
● Employment-related data. When you choose to apply for employment with Doctoronhealth Company, including information from a recruitment agency. The purpose of collection is to help us match you to open positions and facilitate the recruiting process.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
● To identify you when you engage with us and our Websites, Services, and Products.
● To provide content and product recommendations based on your interactions and interests.
● To make our Services available to you and to complete orders placed in our Services and with our Partners.
● To process transactions associated with your use of Services for which there is a charge, including to process payments and verify your identity or payment information for your security and protection.
● To communicate with you (e.g., about your account or updates to our terms) and to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
● To deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our Services in accordance with applicable laws, including information relating to our products, services, sales, marketing research or promotions.
● To provide you with personalized advertising on our Services based on your online activity. We use the information we have to improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant interest-based advertising, measure the effectiveness and reach of advertisements and services, verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign, and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently. You may update your preferences regarding personalized advertising by visiting the Cookie Settings link in the footer of each site to manage your settings.
● To verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
● To monitor, improve, and conduct analytics on our Services and advertiser product offerings.
● For internal administrative purposes, such as safety and security of our Services, and to manage our relationships.
● To permit you to participate in social sharing, including live social media feeds and to implement Social Features you choose to use.
● The Apps in our Services may request to send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. The Apps may also ask for your permission to access your camera and your photos. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, or if you’ve initially agreed for the application to access your camera and photos and you would like to stop the Apps from accessing them, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
● To detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
● To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible misconduct.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose(s) in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose.
For example, if you complete an online purchase, we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a business need in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate business reasons.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following situations:
● Our business clients. When we collect information on behalf of our business clients, we share that information with those clients.
● To enhance our Services. We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities such as ad technology providers, authentication services, email service providers, data analyzers, and business intelligence providers for the purpose of enhancing our products and services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
● Audience measurement services. We may share your Personal Information with audience measurement companies that help us and other websites measure and understand the audiences that view our content.
● Video viewing behavior. Consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
● Aggregated and anonymous information. We may share aggregated, anonymous information with any third party. This information is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
● Advertising. We may share certain data with Advertising platforms, such as Google and Social Networks such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Snapchat to allow us to target existing users and customers with highly relevant advertising campaigns. For the purposes of such campaigns. We may share a unique code (such as a hashed email address) with the applicable Advertising platform in order for that identifier to be matched against existing users of the relevant Advertising Platform and to identify potentially relevant audiences for targeted advertising. We use services such as Google Ads’ Customer Match, LinkedIn Matched Audiences, LiveRamp and Facebook Custom Audiences for these purposes.
● Public. Some of our Services may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on our Services, that information may be publicly available
● Other disclosures without your consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
If you use Social Features on our Services or access our Services from Social Features, both DoctorOnHealth and the social media services that operate those Social Features may have access to certain information about you and your use of both our site and theirs. If you are a member of a social media site and logged in, the interfaces configured on our Services may allow the social media site to connect your site visit and browsing behavior to the personal data held on your social media site. We may use this information on an aggregate basis to place ads that are based on your interests on these social media sites. These practices are governed by the privacy statements of these social networking sites and you are advised to review these separately.
In addition, we may request your permission to a) access and collect information available from your social networking account; and b) post information to your friends on your behalf. When you connect your social networking service with your DoctorOnHealth account, you authorize us to access certain information about you from your social networking service to provide content and services, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Services. The information we may access from your social networking services is governed by the privacy policies and settings of those third-party services.
The information collected and stored by the social media sites remains subject to those sites’ privacy practices, including whether they continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices with regard to what is visible to others on those third-party websites or services.
How Long Do We Retain Data?
We keep your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. These periods vary depending on the nature of the information and your interactions with us.
When the purposes for which we processed your Personal Information have concluded, we will either permanently delete or destroy the relevant Personal Information or anonymize it, in a manner that ensures individuals are no longer identifiable.
Your Rights and Choice
You can make the following choices here regarding your Personal Information:
● Access to your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information that we collect on our own behalf. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the Personal Information that we have about you.
● Changes to your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your Personal Information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Website or App does not permit you to update or correct certain information, then contact us at the address described below. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients, we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
● Deletion of your Personal Information. When we collect information on our own behalf, we typically retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in some situations we must keep your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes. If we are processing your Personal Information on behalf of one of our clients, we will respond that we are operating as a Service Provider and are unable to act on your request.
● Objection to certain processing. When we process information, you may object to our use of your Personal Information by contacting us at the address described below. For example, California residents may be entitled to object, or opt-out, of having their information sold to third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of having your information sold, then please visit the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this Policy.
● Revocation of consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of Personal Information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
Note that, as required by law, in order to process your request, we will require you to prove your identity. Depending on your request, we will require, at minimum, you to provide your name, phone number, and email address. We may require additional information to verify your identity dependent upon the sensitivity of the personal information related to your request.
If you do not want to make requests for access, deletion, or Do-Not-Sell using our online form, you may contact us [email protected] . To get in touch with us about any other privacy requests, you may contact us at [email protected] or in writing at:
Doctoronhealth, Attn: Privacy Officer, Park street, Kolkata, India
You can also make the following choices regarding communications preferences:
● Promotional emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to deliver newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service-related communications.
● Promotional mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address, and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
● Text messages and push notifications. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP” or “UNSUBSCRIBE.” You control on your device whether you receive push notifications.
● Online tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our Services permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password or device, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
● Transmission of information to other countries. As a multinational company, we may transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result, your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We take steps to treat personal information using the laws of the country in which we first received your information.
For certain jurisdictions your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred, and if permitted by law, may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in any of our Services or providing us with your information, you acknowledge the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
● Collection of information from children. We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children, and our website and services are directed towards a general audience and are not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personal information through one of our websites, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our databases. Any information provided on behalf of a minor child will be treated as Personal Information as otherwise provided herein.
If you need further assistance, please use the contact us form at:
Address: Doctoronhealth Privacy Rights, Attn: Privacy Officer, Park Street, Kolkata, India
Email: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with our response to your query or complaint, you may also contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of India.
This page explains why we collect data on our site, who has access to it, and why we’re asking you to allow us to do so.
We believe that health information should be free to everyone and we rely on advertising to make this possible. Providing the best health information in the world is expensive. We spend up to thousands of dollars per article to ensure it is accurate and precise with quality review by a doctor or other certified, trained medical professional.
How we use your data
These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, services such as shopping activity and paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made (such as a saved country / language preference) or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services (as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services”) in order to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users’ online activities (so-called “interest-based advertising”) on our Services and elsewhere online. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
Cookies on our services
When you use our Services, you may receive cookies or other similar technologies such as pixel tags (collectively, “Cookies”) from us and the third parties that collect information on our Services.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier that are sometimes embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions (how many times an ad is viewed) or clicks, to measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access information from user cookies.
Cookies can be set by either us on the site that you visit (“first-party cookies”) or a third party involved in providing content, functionality, or services such as analytics or advertising for the site that you visit (“third-party cookies”).
We use session cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) and persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire.
How long a persistent cookie remains on your browser depends on how long the visited website has programmed the cookie to last or they can be stored for longer.
If you access our Services from your mobile device, we may collect unique user ID, cell phone model, operating system, and carrier.
Gathering your information helps us ensure our website and other services work correctly and support our customer analytic efforts.
We also may share information that has been “hashed” with certain third-party partners. “Hashed” information is information that has been converted to an anonymized string of characters in an effort to prevent third parties from unscrambling the anonymized string of characters to recover the underlying information. To opt out of our sharing of “hashed” information, please click here.
1. Strictly Necessary cookies. These cookies enable you to use our Services. These cookies are essential to enable you to browse our Services and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the Services. Without these cookies, services such as shopping activity and paying activity cannot be provided. These cookies also help keep our Services safe and secure.
2. Preference cookies. These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our Services may not be able to remember certain choices you’ve previously made (such as a saved country / language preference) or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
3. Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our Services such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages.
4. Targeting / Advertising cookies. These cookies gather information about your use of our Services so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys. They remember that you’ve visited our Services and help us understand usage of our Services. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our Services (as described below under “Information collected by third parties on our Services”) in order to provide advertising (on our Services and elsewhere) based on users’ online activities (so-called “interest-based advertising”) on our Services and elsewhere online. The third parties involved in interest-based advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our Services to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
1. Store and/or access information on a device. Cookies, device identifiers, or other information can be stored or accessed on your device for the purposes presented to you.
2. Select basic ads. Ads can be shown to you based on the content you’re viewing, the app you’re using, your approximate location, or your device type.
3. Create a personalised ads profile. A profile can be built about you and your interests to show you personalised ads that are relevant to you.
4. Select personalised ads. Personalised ads can be shown to you based on a profile about ads that are relevant to you.
5. Create a personalised content profile. A profile can be built about you and your interests to show you personalised content that is relevant to you.
6. Select personalised content. Personalised content can be shown to you based on a profile about you.
7. Measure ad performance. The performance and effectiveness of ads that you see or interact with can be measured.
8. Measure content performance. The performance and effectiveness of content that you see or interact with can be measured.
9. Apply market research to generate audience insights. Market research can be used to learn more about the audiences who visit sites/apps and view ads.
10. Develop and improve products. Your data can be used to improve existing systems and software, and to develop new products.
11. Ensure security, prevent fraud, and debug. Your data can be used to monitor for and prevent fraudulent activity, and ensure systems and processes work properly and securely.
12. Technically deliver ads or content. Your device can receive and send information that allows you to see and interact with ads and content
13. Match and combine offline data sources. Data from offline data sources can be combined with your online activity in support of one or more purposes.
14. Link different devices. Different devices can be determined as belonging to you or your household in support of one or more of purposes.
15. Receive and use automatically-sent device characteristics for identification. Your device might be distinguished from other devices based on information it automatically sends, such as IP address or browser type.
Our Services also occasionally use “local shared objects” (also known as “Flash cookies”). Like browser cookies, Flash cookies may be used for coordinating content delivery, website functionality, maintaining preferences, advertising, or analytics. Unlike browser cookies, “Flash cookies” are not stored in the browser. You may be able to manage these Flash cookies by visiting the Adobe website.
Blocking cookies in your web browser may not prevent cross-site tracking of your online activity using other online tracking technologies. In addition to managing your cookie settings for your browser, you can opt-out of tracking directly with the businesses that operate the tracking technologies.
To opt out of interest-based advertising across browsers and devices, please opt out through the settings within the mobile app or your mobile device. Your opt-out choice may apply only to the browser or device you are using when you opt out, so you should opt out on each of your browsers and devices if you want to disable all cross-device linking for interest-based advertising. If you opt out, you will still receive ads but they may not be as relevant to you and your interests.
Doctoronhealth is committed to making corrections or clarifications to original content when it deems necessary. We take prompt action to edit even minor errors like spelling, grammar, or stylistic changes. Because style changes do not change the meaning of the content, those kinds of “style” changes will be updated on our site without notice
If we identify errors that are material to the content, we will update the content and note those corrections on this page for sixty (60) days after the correction by linking to the corrected version of the original article and note the correction here for your reference. This corrections policy only applies to Doctoronhealth original content, including, but not limited to, news, feature articles, or original medical reference material. Any corrections to licensed or third party content are the responsibility of the publisher.
If you believe you have found an error in any of our content, let us know by sending an email to our Customer Service team using the “Contact Us” links in the footer section of our Site.
Doctoronhealth Editorial Policy
Our mission is to bring you the most objective, trustworthy, and accurate health and medical information that are possible to apply in daily basis. We believe in Health For Everyone. Our daily goal is to ensure that Doctoronhealth is your practical and relevant content source for health and medicine.
We are committed to providing information on a wide variety of health topics, and rather than filtering certain types of information that may or may not be applicable to any one individual’s personal health, we rely on you, our reader, to choose the information that is most appropriate for you. However, the original editorial information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Doctoronhealth Site!
Editorial Selection of Original Content Created by Doctoronhealth
Doctoronhealth creates original content with reference generally to the following criteria:
Relevance — Issues that could affect how you manage your own health and that of your family. Topics include coverage of breaking health news; drug and product launches, recalls, and alerts; health advisories; and expert commentary on managing diseases and conditions and staying healthy.
Clinical Significance — The latest medical findings published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as The Journal of the American Medical Association, The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet, Pediatrics, Diabetes Care, Circulation, and many others.
Trends — Seasonal interests, such as “Summer Safety,” “Allergy Seasons,” and “Cold and Flu”; public health awareness, such as “Breast Cancer Awareness Month” and “Healthy Heart Month”; and emerging health trends, such as the latest in nutrition, fitness, disease prevention, healthy living, alternative approaches, and much more.
Our Content Is Different
It’s more reliable. In a medium often accused of providing outdated and inaccurate information, Doctoronhealth stands out as a credible, authoritative source of health information.
Our news and feature stories are based on our editors’ selections of the most important and relevant health events occurring on a given day. Our news articles are more than a short summary of a study or an event. They often contain interviews with the medical researchers who authored them, plus interviews with objective experts who can put the research into context and tell the reader what it means in today’s world.
Editorial Integrity — Doctoronhealth’s journalistic responsibility is to make a clear distinction between news, features, reference, and other editorial information, so that individuals can readily distinguish independent editorial information from advertising.
Editorial Independence — In its reporting, Doctoronhealth maintains exemplary principles of fairness, accuracy, objectivity, and responsible, independent reporting. Doctoronhealth maintains sole control of its editorial content.
Journalistic Excellence — Doctoronhealth upholds traditional journalistic principles of excellence in reporting original news for the Internet and in reviewing and corroborating information from other sources. Our content continues to win awards and recognitions in journalistic excellence and you can see our most current list of awards by checking our Awards page.
Editorial Policy for Doctoronhealth Editorial Staff
Doctoronhealth is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians and other healthcare professionals. Editorial content created by Doctoronhealth is free from influence by advertisers and other sources.
Anyone who serves on the Doctoronhealth Editorial staff must fully disclose any potential conflict of interest with any sponsor or vendor.
Doctoronhealth keeps its Editorial staff separate and distinct from staff dedicated to creating advertising content for our advertisers. No person will serve on both staffs, no Editorial employee will be asked to perform duties on behalf of an advertiser.
The Doctoronhealth Editorial staff is charged with the responsibility of providing objective, accurate, and balanced accounts of events and issues. Doctoronhealth reporters must diligently seek out subjects of stories or qualified experts to provide commentary. They also seek objective commentary or comment from a qualified spokesperson to provide balance.
Doctoronhealth journalists strive to provide thorough and honest coverage and share a dedication to the highest professional standards.
Original Content Process
The content that we produce and the news that we feature is determined by our staff of physicians and medical journalists. It contains the latest information from reliable sources including the most important peer-reviewed medical journals, announcements from federal health agencies, and analyses on the latest health trends. Our experienced health reporters talk daily with prominent medical leaders, providing in-depth analyses, updates, and profiles that give our health news and content a perspective found nowhere else. Every original article is reviewed by our staff of full-time, board-certified physician editors.
Third parties may provide funding to Doctoronhealth for the creation by Doctoronhealth of original editorial content for the Doctoronhealth Network. In such cases, the third party may work with Doctoronhealth to identify a mutually agreed upon general topic, but the content will be produced in accordance with our Original Content Process and the third party will have no control over the content. At their request, these third parties may receive the attribution “Supported by [third party’s name]” on our editorial content during the period that they fund a program. This attribution is not intended to reflect any change in the editorial nature of the content.
Each completed story to be published is reviewed by a physician editor for accuracy, appropriateness of medical language, and proper characterization of the findings. The story is next reviewed by an Editorial editor who edits it for style, flow, punctuation, and readability. Finally, the story moves from editing to publishing to the site.
Licensed and Third Party Content
When Doctoronhealth licenses health and wellness content from third-parties for publication on our site, the Doctoronhealth senior Editorial editors and physician editors review the third-party’s editorial policies and procedures for consistency with the Doctoronhealth Editorial Policies.
Doctoronhealth works with government and other not for profit organizations or associations whose primary mission is to educate the public on health topics or issues. We use a specific framework of criteria to review and select these organizations and work with them to create or select content within specific topic areas. The content is created by Doctoronhealth, reviewed and edited by the third party, and then edited and approved by Doctoronhealth’s editorial staff. Just like all of Doctoronhealth’s editorial content, this category of content is subject to Doctoronhealth’s editorial policy and process for accuracy, balance, and objectivity. In these instances, we place descriptive text at the top of the page to let the user know that Doctoronhealth created the content with assistance and collaboration from the organization or association with whom we worked. In addition, the hyperlinked “educational collaboration”, linked to its definition, will be followed by the name of the organization with whom we worked to create the content. We also disclose if there was additional funding by other third parties who have no control over the content.
As more fully described in our Advertising Policy, Doctoronhealth accepts advertising on the Doctoronhealth Network from Advertisers, which may include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising and content created or provided by an Advertiser (collectively referred to as “Advertisements”, “Advertising”, or “From Our Advertiser”). Some advertisements, which may appear as text paragraphs, thumbnail pictures, badges, or other types of text or pictures, are what is known as “native advertisements” and appear adjacent to editorial content. These ads are labelled “Sponsor Content”, “From Our Sponsor”, “By (our Sponsor)”, “Provided by (our Sponsor)” or “From (our Sponsor).” Regardless of the form of an advertisement, the Advertiser is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their Advertising and it is subject to our Advertising Policy. Advertising is not reviewed by the Doctoronhealth Editorial Staff and is not subject to this Editorial Policy.
Connect to Care
The Doctoronhealth Site contains a section referred to as “Connect to Care” which features content created by Doctoronhealth’s Connect to Care staff that helps you find services, providers, and practices to manage your health. In other portions of the Doctoronhealth Site, you will find gateways, chat boxes, or similar content also created by Doctoronhealth’s Connect to Care staff, which is labeled “Connect to Care” and will help us put you in touch with services, providers, and practices serving your area. When you purchase any of these services or when we connect you with a provider or practice in your area, Doctoronhealth may receive a fee. Doctoronhealth’s Editorial staff works independently from the Connect to Care staff and is not involved in the creation of any content labelled “Connect to Care”. We place descriptive text at the top of each Connect to Care page and label each gateway, chat box, or similar content as “Connect to Care” to let you know that the content is created by Doctoronhealth’s Connect to Care staff and is not created by Doctoronhealth’s Editorial staff. Doctoronhealth does not endorse any product, service or treatment referred to on any Connect to Care branded page, gateway, chat box, or similar content.
The information you share in any form, chat box, or with a Connect to Care team member will help us put you in touch with a service, provider, or practice serving your area. Any personal information that you share with Doctoronhealth in such mediums, such as your name, age, telephone number, email address or health concerns, will be furnished to the relevant service, provider, or practice with your consent and will not otherwise be used by Doctoronhealth. As applicable, Doctoronhealth or its affiliates will store a copy of the chat transcript, lead form, and recording of the call. Doctoronhealth is not affiliated with any particular provider, service, or practice and we do not recommend or endorse any particular provider, service, or practice. We are not medical professionals and your use of this Connect to Care service does not constitute medical advice or a physician-patient relationship. The Connect to Care service is intended for general audiences 18 years of age and older, and access or use by anyone younger is not authorized. The service, provider, or practice may contact you using autodialer technology, which may include text messages over which Doctoronhealth has no control. Consent is not a condition of purchase.
At Doctoronhealth, we prioritize the medical and editorial integrity of our content. This means setting strict standards around how we create content, how we choose products to cover, how we evaluate brand partners, how we use language, and how we approach representation, inclusivity, and historical context within our content.
Our approach to content creation
The Doctoronhealth team is committed to bringing you accurate, trustworthy, and unbiased health information. Each piece of content is developed by our in-house editorial team in partnership with expert writers, medical reviewers, and fact checkers. We appreciate your curiosity about our editorial process and are proud to share our rigorous standards with you.
We know trust is earned, so we’re happy to share more about how Doctoronhealth creates content that’s accurate, straightforward, current, and actionable.
Finding health and wellness information is easy. It’s everywhere. But finding trustworthy, relevant, usable information can be hard and even overwhelming. Doctoronhealth is changing all that. We’re making health information understandable and accessible so you can make the best decisions for yourself and the people you love.
We simplify complex topics and avoid unnecessary jargon so you can feel confident and take action. Whether you’re looking for fact-based guidance about a specific condition, an episodic health issue, or general wellness, we’re here for you.
Throughout our content, we address total well-being and help you make the important connection between health and lifestyle. We call it “whole person health.” In support of that, we openly and objectively cover a range of topics and viewpoints.
We’re aware the journey is different for everyone, so we stand for inclusivity and empathy. We’re here — free of judgment — for everyone seeking better health.
We want to be your most trusted web doctor who can give you comfort at your health issues for free.
Our content creation process
The Doctoronhealth editorial and medical teams are committed to creating quality content and experiences by upholding the highest journalistic standards. We strive to provide comprehensive, unbiased, honest, and timely guidance and actionable next steps.
Our team of experts
Doctoronhealth’s content is created, fact-checked, and reviewed only by qualified health experts and doctors. From surgeons and midwives to oncologists and pharmacists, a vetted group of consulting medical professionals supports our in-house editorial team, including our licensed nutritionists and dietitians.
Our robust review process
Doctoronhealth’s clinical and drug content is medically reviewed by a team of medical professionals or fact-checked by professional journalists to ensure accuracy. Our medical reviewer team covers a wide range of medical specialties, with extensive experience in clinical practice, research, and patient advocacy.
Doctoronhealth carefully assesses all potential health and wellness writers. We vet our content creators for subject matter expertise and relevant life experience. We train them on research and sourcing best practices, and we provide regular feedback and ongoing coaching.
Our references, sources, and citations
We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, government agencies, and medical associations.
Every article is thoroughly researched, and sources are vetted to ensure they are recent, authoritative, and objective. Primary sources, including studies, scientific references, and statistics, are linked within each article or can be found in the resources section at the bottom of our articles.
Our experts continually monitor the health and wellness space, and we update our articles when new information becomes available. We have a set maintenance schedule for articles, but updates can also be prompted by:
changes in standards of care
new clinical guidelines
drug approvals or recalls
major practice recommendations
reader feedback or concerns
When a reader alerts us about a potential issue with our content — such as inaccurate, outdated, unclear, or contradictory information — we take immediate action. Our editorial and medical teams research the feedback, determine what revisions are needed, and republish the updated content.
If you have any questions or comments about our content please visit this page.
Our style and voice
Our voice is warm and approachable — yet brave and progressive. As language evolves, we evolve with it. We also understand health touches each of us differently, so we respect people’s choice of words when sharing their personal stories.
We largely follow Associated Press style and our proprietary Doctoronhealth Style Guide, which focuses on simplicity, accuracy, empathy, and inclusivity. We use positive language that inspires hope and action. We keep our commitment to conscious language by engaging with community advocates and researching language trends within health communities. We choose our words carefully, seeking to remove stigmas and empower our readers.
We can’t expect to be your trusted ally unless we put you at the center of everything we do. Our standards call on everyone who touches our content to consider the reader’s viewpoint — to be empathetic.
You’ll notice our language is warm and conversational, and our next steps are clear and actionable. Beyond being approachable and transparent, we use conscious, respectful language that promotes inclusivity and compassion. This user-centric approach is at the forefront of our editorial approach.
We’re determined to provide you with the very best experience. We want to hear from you if we could be doing better.
If you have any questions or comments about the accuracy or usability of our content or feel an article is out of date, you can easily let us know by visiting this page.